My friend asked me to take a look at a weird issue on her Word application. No matter what she did, her words are somehow splitting onto new lines. Which left the half of her words at the first line, and the rest was at the following line.
After I searched the Internet, and hopefully can share the below steps to correct this issue above.
- Close Word (or the Office product you had issues)
- Navigate to Start –> Programs –> Microsoft Office –> Microsoft Office Tools –> Microsoft Office Language Settings
- Add Japanese, or Chinese (don’t ask why, just do it)
- Navigate to the slide master. Navigate to Line Spacing (or Line Breaks) in your menu (or ribbon), usually in Format — Paragraph section.
- You will notice a tab for Asian Language support. Uncheck the second check-box (Allow Latin text to wrap in the middle of a word). If it is Unchecked when you first saw it, highlight your words, then check and uncheck again.
- You’re all set.
- Navigate to Start –> Programs –> Microsoft Office –> Microsoft Office Tools –> Microsoft Office Language Settings and remove Japanese if you’d like.